A. TESTING SERVICES
The Standards and Testing Division is composed of three distinct laboratories:
1. BIOLOGICAL LABORATORY
- Microbiology Section Conducts microbiological testing of food, water, cosmetics, disinfectants/ biological products or devices, natural products, herbal products, packaging materials and allied products
- Pharmacology and Toxicology Section Conducts pharmacological, toxicological testing of plant extracts, biological and chemical formulations, pesticides, insecticides, food supplements, drugs, pharmaceuticals products, herbal drug and preparations and cosmetics
- Entomology Section Conducts bioefficacy testing of household insecticides and screening of plant materials for insecticidal activity
2. CHEMISTRY LABORATORY
- Inorganic Chemistry Section Conducts testing of water, wastewater and environmental samples, construction materials, chemical specialties, and end use products
- Organic Chemistry Section Conducts testing of foods, feeds, beverages, natural products, fuels, paints and organic chemicals
3. PHYSICAL AND PERFORMANCE TESTING LABORATORY
- Determines physical properties of materials, such as rubber and leather, plastics and polymers, engineering and construction materials, packaging materials, adhesives and sealants, office supplies and concrete;
- Conducts performance testing of products and load testing of construction and heavy equipment (e.g., crane, hoist, elevator, forklift, etc.)
Each laboratory is technically competent for the type of tests it undertakes which are conducted by competent staff using equipment satisfying test requirements and validated test methods.
B. OTHER TECHNICAL SERVICES
Formula of Conversion (FOC) – Determines the quality of imported raw materials needed to manufacturer different products for export and issues corresponding FOC certificates. It is one of the requirements for exports to avail tax incentives for the imported raw materials to be used in the manufacture of export products.